5 Tips to Help Stay Committed to Your MS Therapy
- by Cristina G.
- September 28, 2020
Cristina G. has been compensated by Teva Neuroscience, Inc.
Starting and staying on your prescribed relapsing MS (RMS) therapy is essential for those who are newly diagnosed or have been living with RMS for years. Teva’s Shared Solutions® is here to equip you with the tools, resources, and support to help stay committed to your COPAXONE® (glatiramer acetate injection) therapy. As always, it’s important to talk with your healthcare provider before starting, changing, or stopping a prescribed medication.
Here are 5 tips that can help you stay on track with your RMS therapy:
- Be an active partner. Don’t take a back seat when it comes to your healthcare decisions. Proactively discuss questions, concerns, and treatment goals with your healthcare team on a regular basis. Be aware of your treatment plan and communicate your successes and challenges. Your observations of any new or changing symptoms is an important part of determining treatment efficacy. If you’re experiencing side effects to a medication or having difficulty taking your medication as prescribed, be sure to discuss this with your doctor.
- Utilize Teva's support services. Take advantage of the support and education resources readily available by calling Teva’s Shared Solutions® at 1-800-887-8100. Teva’s Patient Access Specialists are available to help answer your questions around medication, insurance coverage, financial assistance, and more. If you’re new to taking COPAXONE®, in-home nurse support is also available to help you learn injection tips and techniques to help you stay on track with your therapy goals.
- Go digital. There are interactive platforms that offer great ways to help track your injections when on the go. These platforms can help you stay committed to therapy with both convenience and discretion at your fingertips. Some features on the COPAXONE iTracker® 2.0 app include tracking your injection routine, reminder alarms, and the ability to share journal entries with your healthcare provider.
- Include your family and friends. Creating your MS support team and sharing your story can be very empowering. Through these relationships, many people find that they gain more strength and support. You can also join Teva’s Lift MS® Facebook community to connect with others who might better understand what you’re going through.
- Stay motivated. We all experience days that can be challenging with MS. Staying focused on what matters to you and maintaining a positive outlook can help keep you on track with your treatment goals. Stay committed to your therapy, and don’t be afraid to talk with your doctor about any changes you might be experiencing. See if you can incorporate some of these tips from the video below into your therapy routine.
No two people will have the same MS experiences. Therefore, finding the right support tools and resources is key to helping keep you motivated and committed.
Looking for more motivation? Sign up today to have more blog posts like this one sent to your inbox.
Cristina G. RN, BSN, MSCN
About The Author
Cristina G. RN, BSN, MSCN is an MS-Certified Nurse. She has specialized in multiple sclerosis and has over 15 years of nursing experience.
COPAXONE® (glatiramer acetate injection) is a prescription medicine that is used to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), to include clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease, in adults.
Do not use COPAXONE® if you are allergic to glatiramer acetate or mannitol.