5 Tips for Maintaining a Positive Attitude
- by SueAnn H.
- February 27, 2017
SueAnn H. is a paid Advocate for Teva Neuroscience, Inc.
Sometimes in life, we may feel overwhelmed by everything happening to and around us. During these times, it may be challenging to stay positive. Regardless of what it is, I always try to find a way to stay positive.
Here are five tricks I use to try and keep my spirits up:
- Establish a routine. When I know I have a plan, I feel like I have more control and less stress. This helps me stay clearly focused.
- Be grateful every day. I search for anything — no matter how insignificant — to make me smile and remember the positive blessings.
- Plan a positive time each week. I go to church, do hobbies, or watch my favorite TV show or movie. Making a date with myself to shut the world out for an hour or two gives my mind a break. I can re-enter life’s race with fresh eyes and an open heart.
- Be someone else’s cheerleader. When I do something positive for someone else, it shifts the focus from my worries to the needs of others.
- Make a “happy book.” I write down quotes, take pictures and save any memorabilia that makes me smile. This book is also a journal for when I have down times and need to vent or when I want to celebrate my accomplishments.
Challenging times can come and go, and I choose to stay positive not only for myself but for those around me.
More posts you might like
Get the latest posts
and resources from Teva's Lift MS.
Shirley Taft | February 28, 2017Thank you for the information, you don't know how helpful it is .
Teva's Lift MS Team | March 01, 2017We’re so glad to hear our community has been helpful to you, Shirley. You’re part of what makes this blog great!
Wanda | April 22, 2017I almost bypassed this post. But WOW! I am so glad I stopped by. Your 5 tricks of positivity have given me a boost in my happiness pursuit with this MS journey. Thanks so much for sharing!
Teva's Lift MS Team | April 24, 2017You just made our day, Wanda!