Tips & Tricks: 6 Self-Care Tips
- by Teva's Lift MS® Team
- February 11, 2019
Taking care of your emotional wellness may positively affect your overall health and mood. Make time to care for yourself and focus on what makes you feel relaxed and at ease. When practicing self-care, it is important to listen to your body physically and emotionally in order to identify what self-care tactics work best for you.
We gathered six tips to help you make self-care a priority in your life and maintain a healthy relationship with yourself and others. As always, it is important to talk with your doctor when making any lifestyle changes.
- Keep track of your accomplishments. Focusing on past achievements can improve self-satisfaction and productivity. Making a list of health-related accomplishments can help you stay focused and help you prepare for your next conversation with your doctor.
- Appreciate others. Taking time out of your day to give thanks to others can show them they are an important part of your life. This not only makes them feel good, but could help improve your mood and outlook on life. Looking for a fun way to express gratitude towards someone? Check out Give A Lift.
- Spend time with pets. Petting and cuddling your furry friends is a great way to feel relaxed and comforted. Pets can even help to reduce stress, among other benefits.
- Clear your mind. Read a book. Take a walk. Watch a movie. Taking part in relaxing activities in your spare time can clear your mind from things that may be negatively affecting your mood.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others. Forgiving yourself and others of mistakes can relieve resentment and negativity. The National MS Society says working to positively change your mindset can increase happiness with yourself and in your relationships.
- Build a self-care kit. Having a self-care kit with items that make you feel comfortable and relaxed may help you when you are feeling down. A candle, an eye mask, a soft blanket, and your favorite healthy snack may be good items to turn to for comfort. Let us know what you would put in your self-care kit below.
How do you practice self-care? We would love to hear in the comments below!
We hope these tips can help you find comfort and ease stress within your daily routine. Sign up to receive more Tips and Tricks in your inbox.
COPAXONE® (glatiramer acetate injection) is a prescription medicine that is used to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), to include clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease, in adults.
Do not use COPAXONE® if you are allergic to glatiramer acetate or mannitol.
More posts you might like
Get the latest posts
and resources from Teva's Lift MS®.
Shawanda Brown | June 29, 2019I get no support here where I live
Once I was diagnosed I was told by a close family member that I was faking even though I was admitted into hospital for about 2 months
What comforts me is the word of the living God
Just leaning on God's promises
Teva's Lift MS® Team | July 01, 2019We are always here to listen, Shawanda. Please reach out whenever you need to.
Jane | September 17, 2019Our daughter has ms,what can I do to help her ,she is beautiful and very smart ,but when I want her to talk me about her feelings she says Iiam fine !what can I do ,doesn't talk about it ! Is there anything I can help her ,she my awesome daughter only one! ,
Teva's Lift MS® Team | September 18, 2019Thank you for opening up and sharing your experiences as a Care Partner, Jane. We think you might relate to a few stories from other Care Partners on the blog. If you are interested, you can read one here: https://liftms.com/education/when-to-help.
Tina | February 13, 2020Lavander candle, glass of wine, dried fruits and favorite series ☺